Banelord Titan

Posted: November 1, 2015 in Uncategorized
Tags: , , , , , , ,

I’m not going to dwell on the gap between my last post and this one or bore you with all the decorating I’ve done over the summer months! Instead I’ll cut to the chase and talk about my World Eaters and what I’ve been up to today.

I never meant to collect an Epic World Eaters army; it’s more something I fell into collecting. Very long story short, earlier in the year I bought the original Adeptus Titanicus/Space Marine 1st Edition era Epic Chaos Horde boxed set for under £20 on ebay simply because it was under £20.

Epic Chaos Horde Front

Like all of the boxed sets from this era the sheer amount of miniatures you got in the box was impressive:

Epic Chaos Horde Content

Hard to believe you got all of that for £8 in 1991! Bargain! I didn’t have a plan for these miniatures beyond thinking that they might come in handy at some point or that I might build a small Chaos force. Not too long after purchasing these I ended up bulk buying a large number of Daemon Engines and Daemons from a seller on one of the Epic trading pages on Facebook for a decent price and this was the start of me collecting a World Eaters army. I won’t go into all of the details now but I’ve ended up with a sizable World Eaters army. Instead I’m going to discuss my Banelord Titan.

Getting hold of a Banelord Titan became, ahem, the bane of my life for a few months. I’d seen them in decent condition regularly go for £15 plus postage on ebay but the minute I wanted to buy one prices averaged £30-35 plus postage with the condition being fairly variable. Typical! So, I decided to stick to my guns and wait patiently for a sensibly priced Banelord Titan to turn up. Months passed and still no Banelord Titan. Eventually I caved in and paid £30 including p&p for one on a trading forum and I’ve not seen one for less than that since. The condition of the Banelord Titan I bought was good but it needed a bit of a refurb.

The back banner had snapped off with the lugs being stuck in the Titans’ carapace. These were fairly easy to drill out but it meant that the banner had to be pinned onto the carapace. I used quite long pins because the back banner is fairly top heavy when the missile rack is added:

Banelord Titan Banner
I removed the rest of the metal components from the Banelord Titan, stripped the paint off them and removed the mold lines. I also pinned the Banelord Titans tail onto the Titan because the join is incredibly weak when just glued onto the Titans body. I cleaned the model up, glued everything back on and gave it a quick spray of primer:

Banelord Titan Before-After
You might notice that I added a couple of spikes from my bits box to the carapace to cover the empty holes where weapons are usually plugged into.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s