I can’t believe how long it’s been since I last did an update! I knew life was getting particularly busy behind the scenes but I didn’t realise just how little I’d done hobby wise. Oh dear.. So where are we? Well I finally worked out the paint scheme for my Forgeworld Epic army. After much pondering I decided to go with early WW2 French as I like the colourscheme and it’s fun to paint. Camo is quite timeconsuming to paint but I’m not intending to paint a huge amount of models for this army. Below is a WIP of an Epic40k Hellhound, it looks much more messy close up than it does in reality:


I’ve still not decided how I’m going to paint things like baggage, netting, sandbags, ablative armour etc etc. I’ve also managed to get quite a lot of OOP Forgeworld models from ebay for a very reasonable price and this includes lots of Chimera, including some with Heavy Bolter turrets. All good stuff but apart from cleaning them up not much has happened with them. I’ve also managed to get hold of enough original Imperial Guard infantry to field every Imperial Guard Company in Armies of the Imperium at the same time. It has to be said that I’m not looking forward to painting them! Of course all of that infantry means buying some more vehicles and, after losing many auctions on ebay, I got my third Mole model. Unfortunately it was incomplete, something I knew when bidding on it, and missing it’s pneumatic arm but that was easily solved with a quick kitbash:

The picture below shows a pneumatic arm taken from another Mole and bits taken from both a broken skeleton and zombie standard:


After few minutes of careful cutting and gluing we have a new pneumatic arm:


Obviously it doesn’t look exactly like the original but it’s good enough for me. Finally, we can see the new pneumatic arm on the model:


This sort of kitbash is a good reminder to never throw even broken bits out because you never know when they’ll come in handy.

It may look like I’m starting to get back into painting Epic models but I’m actually putting them on hold for a couple of months because I’m busy painting my very old WHFB 3rd edition Undead army for the Oldhammer day taking place at Wargames Foundry. I’ve literally got hundreds of Undead infantry painted but an infantry force will be carefully picked apart and destroyed through instability so I need to paint quite a lot of models to create a more flexible force. Behind the scenes I’ve been busy putting models together and, as of today, I’m starting on a small unit of five zombie cavalry:


I own twenty cavalry models from the 3rd edition Undead range but, realistically, I’ll only need to paint ten up because that’s all I require for the day. The plan is to initially paint five zombie cavalry then five skeleton cavalry. If I’m on a roll painting them I will paint the remaining ten models. After that I’ve got skull chuckers, character models, a plague cart, giant bats, chariots, it’s never ending!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s